Tympani/Roto-tom Plugin variant

As an extension of the code for your snare plugin, a related instrument to create tympani and/or Roto-tom type sounds would be nice. MIDI control to do “pitch-bend”, rolls, and to alter ASDR to some extent - of course, there are other ethnic instruments, such as taiko drums, bongos, that are played in a similar way to snares, or to tympani and Roto-toms that could be developed one from another. I would suggest putting rolls as knobs for speed, and decay,and the ability to alter pitch during a roll, all
triggered by a different section of the MIDI keyboard, with modulation of pitch on one wheel, alteration of roll speed on another, as one often uses both.

1 Like

Hey @drgordon this is an excellent idea. We will check if we can make a waveguide behaving this way. The next plugin will be a ride cymbal though since we already have a waveguide which sounds like a jazzy ride.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply - mathematical modelling of instruments is an interest, from my days as a programmer - I started off modelling ancient instruments on synthesizers in the days before MIDI, and used to program my own filters and etc with some of the languages like Ruby for analysing geogical VLF audio - the sound of tectonic plates slowly moving under our feet - and audio from livng things that fell outside human hearing. I am also a radio amateur, so used to the electronics side, and various tyupes of audio and radio frequency synthesizers…

1 Like

Hello.
I’m looking forward to trying your cymbal.
Is there in your roadmap something for hand percussions such as derbouka or tambourine ?
Thanks

1 Like