EXC!TE SNARE DRUM VST3 not available in Logic Pro X after installation [solved]

Hi there. I’ve installed the free EXC!TE SNARE DRUM Plugin using the installer in the default location. Afterwards the plugin is not shown in the Plug-in-Manager of Logic Pro X and not available as an instrument. I’ve tried this several times already. Restarted my machine in between etc.
I can see “excite_snare_drum.vst3” located in folder [Macintosh SSD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST3]. Other plugins in this location work fine.
There is no AU file (component) regarding Exc!te Snare Drum in the corresponding “components” folder.

I’m currently using Logic Pro X 10.6.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina 13", 2015), 3,1 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM with macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.1

1 Like

Hi Morris, when you run the installer, does it offer you the options what to install: VST3 and AU? If you don’t see this option, can you check if you can download the new version? We have added AU support later.

1 Like

Hi Max, indeed I had an older version (1.0.0) of the installer and wasn’t asked during the installation. With the current installer version 1.1.5 it now worked fine.
Just a heads up: the Plug-in-Manager in Logic still displays version 1.0.0 despite using installer version 1.1.5. Needs a fix :wink:
Also please display the current version numbers on your website and/or give a hint in the text which version is at least needed for AU support.

Thanks a lot for your quick help!
Greetz from Germany

1 Like

Oh, we’ll have to investigate why Logic isn’t showing the proper version number. Thanks for reporting. The version number in the about screen is correct though? (Click on the chair).

1 Like

Yes, the version info in the “About” screen is correct (v1.1.5).

1 Like